qPCR Testing for GI Pathogens
Methodology Matters in Diagnostic Stool Testing
By David M. Brady, ND, DC, CCN, DACBN, IFMCP, FACN and Cass Nelson-Dooley, MS
Dr. Brady describes the different methodologies used to evaluate gut health and why qPCR offers the most sensitive, specific, reliable results when addressing acute and chronic gastrointestinal illness in a clinical setting.
- Molecular Methods Revolutionize Diagnostic Testing
- Methods of Stool Testing Defined
- Culture and Microscopic Methodologies
- Advantages of Quantitative Molecular (qPCR) Technology in Clinical Settings
- Discussion – The Molecular Revolution
Please Note: This button opens the article in a new window on the Townsend Letter site.