LiVDerm - Deep Dive
The Gut-Skin Connection: The Microbiome and Its Effects on the Skin
4 hours total (3 CME, 1 Non-CME)
During this engaging and interactive meeting, you will have a chance to hear from and interact with experts across specialties on what we know about the gut, how it relates to the skin and what we can do to enhance our patients outcomes.
The human gastrointestinal (GI) tract harbors approximately 500 different species of microorganisms that contribute to host homeostasis, allostasis, and pathogenesis of disease. Collectively referred to as the gut microbiota, the composition of these microorganisms can be heavily influenced by intake of prebiotics, probiotics, and synbiotics. Intentional modulation of the gut microbiome has proven beneficial in the prevention and/or treatment of inflammatory skin diseases including acne vulgaris, atopic dermatitis, and psoriasis. This presents a unique opportunity for physicians to exploit the complex immune mechanisms that extend from the gut microbiome to involve distant organ systems including the skin.
- Discover the Latest Advancements in Dermatology
- Live Education from Anywhere You Choose
- CME/CE Certified Education
- 1 Year of Online Access
- Engage Directly with World-Renowned Faculty Members
- Virtual Exhibit Hall
Don't miss our Company Spotlight on GI-MAP – DNA qPCR Stool Testing!
Also, event Co-Chair and featured speaker, Todd LePine, MD, will be speaking on:
- Introduction: Nexis Between the Gut and Skin
- The Role of Nutrition in Gut and Skin Health: A Clinical Perspective
- Foundations of the Gut Microbiome: Early Colonization of the Gut & Skin
- Disturbances in the Gut: Affecting Our Skin
- Are Probiotics the New Antibiotics?
- Analytics and Testing of the Gut Microbiome