H. pylori Profile
Definitive Results from One Biopsy
Our comprehensive H. pylori DNA Biopsy Profile offers the latest Real-Time qPCR Molecular Technology. DNA based testing offers significant advantages to other methods. Including testing for Antibiotic Resistance Genes and Virulence Factors.
Patient treatment efficacy is greatly improved with phenotypic antibiotic resistance testing to guide treatment protocols. Additionally, Virulence Factor testing can help to identify the symptoms that H. pylori is contributing to and potential to cause disease.
The H. pylori Biopsy Analysis Includes:
- Helicobacter pylori
- Antibiotic Resistance Genes, phenotype
- Floroquinolones (Levofloxacin)
Virulence factor testing is optional
- Virulence Factor, babA
- Virulence Factor, cagA
- Virulance Factor, cagPAI
- Virulence Factor, dupA
- Virulence Factor, iceA
- Virulence Factor, oipA
- Virulence Factor, vacA
- Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction (qPCR), is a molecular DNA laboratory technique. PCR amplifies the gene targets and can generate thousands to millions of copies of a single target DNA sequence. This increases the sensitivity and specificity of the test greatly.
Test Ordering Options
- Helicobacter pylori with Antibiotic Resistance Genes, phenotypes
- Virulence factor testing is optional
Test Turn-Around Time
- 48 hours for H. pylori biopsy
- 5–7 Business days for H. pylori stool results
- Biopsy from the gastric atrium or fundus
- 30 mL plastic, leak proof collection vial with 15 mL sterile saline solution
Specimen Transport and Stability
- Transport temperature: Ambient
- Next day shipping labels are included with test kits provided by Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory (U.S. only)
- Stability is 5 days
- 87799 Detect agent DNA nos quant; Helicobacter pylori
- 87798 Detect agent DNA nos; VacA
- 87798 Detect agent DNA nos; cagA
- 87798 Detect agent DNA nos; iceA
Account setup forms are available on our website or you may request one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Resource Library to download the GI-MAP™ Interpretive Guide and access additional helpful resources.
Services provided are for laboratory testing only. No charge is incurred for ordering collection kits.