Lab Mailing Address
5895 Shiloh Rd Ste 101
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Please use the button below if you are interested in setting up an account or ordering test kits.
Can I order testing directly from Diagnostic Solutions?
- A physician’s order is required to order testing from Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory.
- Please contact our customer service team for questions about ordering.
Do you provide results directly to patients?
- Diagnostic Solutions recommends receiving your results through your clinician to help in understanding/interpreting the meaning of the results.
- If you choose to receive your results directly from DSL, please contact a member of our customer service team.
What does <dl signify on my GI-MAP report?
- <dl indicates "less than detectible limit."
What are the sample collection requirements?
- All our collection kits come with easy to follow instructions for the patient.
- Please check with your provider for any special instructions.
How much stool is required to be provided for testing?
- Please fill the vial to or slightly above the FILL Line indicated on the vial label.
- Use the spoon attached to the inside of the vial lid.
Do I need to stop taking any of my medications before I collect my GI-MAP sample?
- No. Please continue taking all medications unless otherwise directed by your provider.
Absorbent Material missing
- The absorbent material is not required, but you can substitute it with a napkin/paper towel.
My collection kit did not include a Test Requisition Form.
- Patient should call the ordering clinician for a Test Requisition Form.
- Check email as some providers will email requisition forms to patients.
I spilled some of the liquid from the collection vial. What should I do?
- If you only spilled a small amount, you can still use the vial.
- If you spilled a large amount or you feel you need a new vial, please contact your clinician, or call Diagnostic Solutions for a replacement vial.
I accidentally threw out the collection kit box. Can I use different box?
- Yes, use any clean small box.
I sealed the shipping bag but forgot to put the paperwork in the kit. Can I reopen it?
- Yes, just tape it closed securely before shipping.
Is the patient responsible for postage?
- U.S. – No, collection kits include a pre-paid 2 business day return label if mailed within the U.S.
- International – International customers must pay for shipping unless prior contract exists.
Can I drop off my collection kit at a local FedEx office?
- Yes, please follow the packing and shipping instructions provided with the collection kit.
Can I ship my stool specimen on Friday?
- Yes, it is ok to ship stool specimens to us on Friday. The lab receives specimens 5 days a week. We only require that the specimen be received within 6 days after collection.
- Keep sample refrigerated if it is collected over the weekend and ship promptly on Monday.
Are you In-Network with insurance companies?
- We are not contracted with any commercial insurance plans.
- We are considered Out-of-Network. However, many plans recognize our specialized testing.
- We are a Medicare provider.
Will my insurance cover the GI-MAP?
- We are out-of-network for insurance but will file with your insurance company.
- Coverage varies depending on insurance plan. Your plan must have out-of-network coverage.
- ICD10 codes to prove medical necessity for testing must be provided by ordering provider.
- Please send copy of insurance cards (front and back) in with sample.
- CPT Codes for testing are common and recognized in the U.S.
- We do ask for a deposit when filing with your insurance.
- Insurance payment will vary depending on the patient’s insurance plan.
- Laboratory deductibles, in- /out-of-network requirements, and the patient’s insurance recognizing the medical necessity (ICD10 codes) specified by the provider can impact reimbursement.
Will Medicare cover the GI-MAP?
- Ordering provider must be an MD, DO, NP or PA.
- Ordering provider must be PECOS certified.
- We are a Medicare provider and will file with Medicare.
- Coverage varies depending on the type of Medicare Plan.
I have questions about your COVID-19 | SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- Please browse our COVID-19 | SARS-CoV-2 FAQs page for more information.