Lab Mailing Address
5895 Shiloh Rd Ste 101
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Please use the button below if you are interested in setting up an account or ordering test kits.
Can I Order Testing Directly from Diagnostic Solutions?
- A physician’s order is required to order testing from Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory.
- Please contact our customer service team for questions about ordering.
What Should I Know About Filing Claims to Medicare and Medicare Advantage?
- We are a Medicare provider and will file with Medicare.
- Ordering provider must be an MD, DO, NP or PA.
- For Medicare and Medicare Advantage patients, ordering practitioners must be PECOS certified with Part B coverage for Labs. Medicare’s Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) regulation from the Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS) requires all practitioners who order testing to be enrolled in PECOS if claims are to be filed.
- Medicare Advantage patients without Out of Network benefits would be responsible for the full discounted cash rate.
- Medicare Advantage patients are required to pay a deposit at the time of submission
Are You In-Network with Insurance Companies?
- We are not contracted with any commercial insurance plans.
- We are considered Out-of-Network. However, many plans recognize our specialized testing.
- We are a Medicare provider.
Do You Provide Results Directly to Patients?
- Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory recommends receiving your results through your clinician to help in understanding/interpreting the meaning of the results.
- If you choose to receive your results directly from Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory, please contact a member of our customer service team.
What Does <dl Signify on the GI-MAP Report?
- < dl indicates "less than detectible limit."
What Are the Sample Collection Requirements?
- All our collection kits come with easy-to-follow instructions for the patient.
- Please check with your provider for any special instructions.
How Much Stool is Required to be Provided for Testing?
- Fill the vial to or slightly above the FILL Line indicated on the vial label.
- Use the spoon attached to the inside of the vial lid.
- Don't overfill. More is not better.
Do I Need to Stop Taking Any of My Medications Before I Collect My GI-Map Sample?
- No. Please continue taking all medications unless otherwise directed by your provider.
Absorbent Material Missing?
- The absorbent material is not required, but you can substitute it with a napkin/paper towel.
My collection kit did not include a Test Requisition Form.
- Patient should call the ordering clinician for a Test Requisition Form.
- Check email as some providers will email requisition forms to patients.
I Spilled Some of the Liquid From the Collection Vial. What Should I Do?
- If you only spilled a small amount, you can still use the vial.
- If you spilled a large amount or you feel you need a new vial, please contact your clinician, or call Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory for a replacement vial.
I Accidentally Threw Out the Collection Kit Box. Can I Use Different Box?
- Yes, use any clean small box suitable for shipping.
I Sealed the Shipping Bag but Forgot to Put the Paperwork in the Kit. Can I Reopen It?
- Yes, just tape it closed securely before shipping.
Is the Patient Responsible for Postage?
- U.S. – No, collection kits include a pre-paid 2 business day return label if mailed within the U.S.
- International – International customers must pay for shipping unless prior contract exists.
Can I Drop Off My Collection Kit at a Local FedEx Office?
- Yes, please follow the packing and shipping instructions provided with the collection kit.
Can I Ship My Stool Specimen on Friday?
- Yes, it is ok to ship stool specimens to us on Friday. The lab receives specimens 5 days a week. We only require that the specimen be received within 6 days after collection.
- Keep sample refrigerated if it is collected over the weekend and ship promptly on Monday.